There are multiple reasons why bookies should utilize a wagering alert.
Wager alerts are now standard at pay per head (PPH) services. The majority of PPH shops will have a built-in wagering alert system, but the problem is that a lot of them don’t even work properly.
You never want to miss a big bet because your wager alert system failed. If you’re not notified about a big bet how are you supposed to appropriately deal with the situation?
Wager Alerts Should Be Simple
Here’s how to quickly set-up a real-time wager alert at PayPerHead247:
• Get Instant Alerts: Toggle between Yes/No to set-up instant bet alerts.
• Bet Amount: Select the minimum wager amount to be alerted (IE: $100+).
• Monitor All Players: Toggle between Yes/No to monitor bets from every player.
• Credit Limit Alerts: If on “Yes”, you’ll receive an alert when a player reaches their credit limit.
• Email: Select the email address where you want the real-time bet alerts sent to.
It’s that simple to set wagering and credit limit alerts at this pay per head shop.
We recommend setting the bet amount to $100+ depending upon the average size of your players bets. However, you can select $0 and receive an email alert every time anyone places a wager.
If you don’t want to monitor all players, you can select “No”. If selected, a new field will open up and you can type in the player/s name that you want to specifically track.
We recommend monitoring all players, though. You always want to be notified when any player is placing a wager that’s higher than average because you may need to make adjustments.
Pay Per Head Bet Ticker
When you’re on your computer, you can access the bet ticker to see every incoming bet regardless of the bet size. However, this doesn’t help you when you’re not at your computer.
That’s why it’s so important to have wager alerts that actually function properly.
Why Wager Alerts Are Important?
Wager alerts are extremely important, as you never want to be overexposed as a bookie.
Here are some of the reasons why you need to know when a big bet is placed:
• Move the Odds: If you receive a big bet you’ll want to move the odds quickly, as that’ll give you the chance to get action on the other side of the bet to lower your exposure.
• Lower Exposure: If you know you won’t get action on the other side of the bet, the majority of PPH shops offer a layoff account where you can layoff some of your action.
Bookmaking is a serious business and there’s a lot of money at stake. You need to utilize everything you can to maintain control over your business. Wager alerts are a big part of that.
Wager alerts should be included with your base PPH package. If a service is charging extra for this feature then you definitely need to strongly consider switching pay per head providers.